Post: Small Repairs Officer (SRO) South Lanarkshire
Salary: £24,791 to £25,361 (pro rata) + Contributory Pension
Hours: 35 hours per week
Duration: Fixed Term Contract until 31 March 2021 (6 months)
Application: Contact Care and Repair on 01555 666200 for further information or click to download the full Job Description and Person Specification – please do not send a CV. Please note that applicants need to apply using the Care & Repair application form and should call 01555 666 200 to request an application pack which will contain the application form
Accountable to: The Small Repair Manager & Care & Repair Board of Directors.
The Care & Repair Service in South Lanarkshire provides a service to elderly and disabled home owners and private rented sector tenants in South Lanarkshire.
Care and Repair currently assist clients with home medical adaptations, major home repairs, installation of community alarms, installation of key safes and the delivery of the Safe as Houses project.
The contract will be for an initial 6-month period ending on 31 March 2021, with an option to extend after this date, depending on the viability of the project.
The service will provide but not be constrained to:
- Small Repair/Handyperson skills for minor repairs or improvements in our clients’ homes, regardless of tenure.
- Installation of community alarms and associated wireless peripheral devices.
- Installation of Key Safes.
- Installation of wireless fire detection systems.
- Installation of minor medical adaptions.
- Installation of home security devices.
- Refer clients to appropriate agencies when required.
Main Objectives of the Post
To provide an efficient and caring service to elderly and disabled clients. Carrying out minor repairs or improvements and installing of devices and equipment that will allow clients to continue to live independently at home.
- To undertake the assessment of small repairs for clients in South Lanarkshire and, where possible, to carry out those repairs.
- To inform clients of the extent of the work and the likely cost of materials and keep them informed at all stages of process.
- Maintain stocks of materials and ensure the security and condition of tools and equipment.
- Liaise with the Small Repair Service Manager in the administration and programming of work
- Install external security lights; 5 lever deadlocks/sash locks to front and rear doors; fit mortice bolts to rear doors; fit spy holes & door chains; fit window locks to ground floor windows; install carbon monoxide detectors & smoke alarms. To undertake other maintenance tasks that may be instructed from time to time by the Care & Repair Manager.
- To purchase materials from relevant suppliers and keep records of where they are used.
- To liase with contractors on extensive repair and improvement jobs to clients’ homes, fitting in small repairs where necessary.
- Along with the Care & Repair Manager, be involved in publicising the service and keeping records relating to the Small Repair Service.
(ix) Ensure personal identification card is carried and can be produced at all times during working hours
Training & Development
Within budget constraints and taking account of staffing levels within South Lanarkshire Care & Repair, opportunities are afforded to all staff members to undertake relevant training.
Further Information and Application process
Please contact Care and Repair on 01555 666200 for further information or click to download the full Job Description and Person Specification – please do not send a CV. Please note that applicants need to apply using the Care & Repair application form and should call 01555 666 200 to request an application pack which will contain the application form